I can only imagine, living in Jerusalem during the crucifixion and watching my savior being crucified on the cross from afar. It didn’t matter where I went or where I stood, I was still able to see it happen. The Romans assured that it was to be done in public for all to see.
After watching the gruesome torment of the crucifixion, I would never look at the cross the same. The cross to me would be a horrific symbol. Looking at a symbol like the cross would bring sadness upon me like never before. I would demand the cross be torn down and burned. “It was on the cross that my savior died. TAKE IT DOWN! It brings me back to that horrific day!”
Who would keep the car that killed your mother? Who would keep the gun that shot your brother? Who would keep anything associated to a loved ones death?
God is perfect and He can do anything and everything. His ways never match mine. God’s magnificence took a terrible piece of His death and turned it into the symbol of Love. The thought of the Cross representing love seemed impossible 2000 years ago but God, YOU turned it into a symbol of LOVE that can only be found in You!
I asked for Your love God, and you showed me the Cross. Nothing is impossible for you! How could I ever doubt you Lord? How?
Today, this sentence hit me. I heard it in a song many many times but today it stuck out the most. “Love like I’m not scared…”
I questioned, how can you be scared to love? Whoa, a bunch of personal scenarios came to mind.
Recently, I promised myself to never have a close friend again. I pledged to make Jesus my only BFF forever and always amen. Although that sounds ideal, it’s not correct to maintain a life in this way. We need friends to sharpen us spiritually. It is good to have a close friend that will correct us when we are wrong in a loving manner.
Because of my bitterness towards the friends I’ve had in the past, I’ve pushed away some amazing people. I’m going to try to live by this phrase and give new friends a chance. Also, I’m going to learn from the old ones. I’m going to love unconditionally. No matter the mistake, or hurt, or issue a good friend may cause to me or others, I’m still going to love and remain a friend. I’m not going to pretend to keep a civil friendship because we are brothers and sisters in Christ, that’s just a load of fecal matter. Jesus is the first to peep that hypocrisy and I’m not planning on living that way with anyone.
To my enemies, even if I’ve apologized for all my wrong doings towards you and you choose to hate me anyway, I’m still going to love you and think about all the good things we went through together. I’m not going to lie, I may think of some bad stuff. Thank God I have a good friend that loves me with flaws and all – that taught me something useful. “Replace a bad memory with a good one”. So I am.
God tells us to love anyway. Love without being scared of getting hurt. Love knowing that we can or will get hurt and its okay with us. Jesus loved us KNOWING we were going to hurt Him in return. He died on the cross KNOWING we were going to pay no mind to His death. If we are supposed to be like Christ, we should learn to love the same way.
I’m not letting my past experience ruin potential friendships. I’m going to love even if there is a possibility that the friend will abandon me. I’m going to love even if there is a possibility that this person is going to hurt me. I’m going to love like I’m not scared.
You know the 10 commandments right? Let’s recap.
- You shall have no other gods before Me.
- You shall not make idols.
- You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet
These law given to Moses by God are perfect. They are our guidelines to live a life pleasing to God. Now, ask yourself a question. Are you keeping all of them on a daily basis?
- Is God the absolute first person in your life? Hehe think twice. Did you skip church one day to be with that boy?
- Are you worshipping any idols? What’s that in your hand? Oh its a phone? Why won’t you leave that at home for a week or so? Oh you can’t?
- Did you say OMG today? Did you say, TGIF because Friday you’re going clubbing?
- What do you do Sundays after church? I’m sure the answer isn’t “I went to another church until 12AM” or “ I prayed all day until I went beddy bye bye”
- Did you ever talk back to your parents? Yes you did, sit down.
- Did you ever kill a person? Of course you didn’t good for you. Did you ever kill a person’s dreams or character?
- Oh my favorite. Did you ever cheat on your spouse? Aww how faithful. How about that chick you were looking at on IG twerking? How about that dude posing in skin tight undies. MCM?
- Oh good, you’ve never robbed a bank? Praise the Lord Praise the Lord. Go back to welfare and give back all the money you used for food stamps. Does someone need to amend their taxes? That pen you were chewing on, where did you get it? Is that your boyfriend you flirting with on the phone or does he belong to someone else? (this can apply to may commandments but I just want to put it here
- “KG, what this ‘bearing false witness’?” Sit down, based on your Instagram, you did it 1hr ago. #gossip
- “KG, what is this covet?” If you read my very first blog you would know the answer to this but ill tell you. Stop being jealous of that girl that looks cuter than you. The effort you’re making to be like her #copying #extremediet etc. is coveting.
Now that we all agree that no one here is perfect, let’s move on.
Why does God tell us to follow these rules in order to go to Heaven if we obviously can’t keep them? Well, don’t you think God already knows we can’t? This explains the Cross. God sent His son to die so that we can live and go to heaven if we believe in Him. The only reason why God communicates with us even when we don’t follow these laws is because of Jesus. I’m not giving the okay to break the laws no no no. I’m saying that if ever we do, we HAVE to ask for forgiveness to be forgiven forever and for good. I would love to say more about this but the shorter the blog the better. You guys have short attention spans.
Salvation is a gift and its not based on what we do or our spiritual performance. We will fail every day. That’s just a fact. We want to live in LOVE with God and we want to obey Him because we LOVE HIM! And when we fail, we want to get back up and receive this gift of forgiveness and salvation. We need to trust that the Cross is enough to pay for our sins. So, The end
“SIN WILL TAKE YOU FARTHER THAN YOU WANTED TO STRAY,
KEEP YOU LONGER THAN YOU WANTED TO STAY AND COST YOU MORE THAN YOU EVER WANTED TO PAY.
12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Face it, we know when we are sinning. The moment we recognize sin, we have to nip it in the bud.
It grows. It gets bigger. It takes us places we never wanted to go.
Some of us gain our victory from sin with God’s mercy but some of us do not.
If you’re victorious, then I know you understand this verse and it’s power. Amen praise GOD.
If you are finding yourself on the losing side of sin, understand this: sin does not magically disappear in an instant. Here are some components of true repentance.
1. Recognize your sin and recognize how much it hurts God
2. Don’t shift the blame. “Its my fault, I messed up.”
3. Don’t attempt to cover it up.
4. Throw yourself at the mercy of GOD.
5. Be willing to turn from your sin. Do whatever it takes to stop.
When you have done all of this and feel a huge load of guilt, go back to the principle verse. Remember, after repentance, GOD remembers sin no more.
If you still can’t seem to get it together, replace it with something else. Keep yourself busy. Find your purpose. Take your first step and GOD will take 100 steps towards you. Every effort counts.