You know the 10 commandments right? Let’s recap.
- You shall have no other gods before Me.
- You shall not make idols.
- You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet
These law given to Moses by God are perfect. They are our guidelines to live a life pleasing to God. Now, ask yourself a question. Are you keeping all of them on a daily basis?
- Is God the absolute first person in your life? Hehe think twice. Did you skip church one day to be with that boy?
- Are you worshipping any idols? What’s that in your hand? Oh its a phone? Why won’t you leave that at home for a week or so? Oh you can’t?
- Did you say OMG today? Did you say, TGIF because Friday you’re going clubbing?
- What do you do Sundays after church? I’m sure the answer isn’t “I went to another church until 12AM” or “ I prayed all day until I went beddy bye bye”
- Did you ever talk back to your parents? Yes you did, sit down.
- Did you ever kill a person? Of course you didn’t good for you. Did you ever kill a person’s dreams or character?
- Oh my favorite. Did you ever cheat on your spouse? Aww how faithful. How about that chick you were looking at on IG twerking? How about that dude posing in skin tight undies. MCM?
- Oh good, you’ve never robbed a bank? Praise the Lord Praise the Lord. Go back to welfare and give back all the money you used for food stamps. Does someone need to amend their taxes? That pen you were chewing on, where did you get it? Is that your boyfriend you flirting with on the phone or does he belong to someone else? (this can apply to may commandments but I just want to put it here
- “KG, what this ‘bearing false witness’?” Sit down, based on your Instagram, you did it 1hr ago. #gossip
- “KG, what is this covet?” If you read my very first blog you would know the answer to this but ill tell you. Stop being jealous of that girl that looks cuter than you. The effort you’re making to be like her #copying #extremediet etc. is coveting.
Now that we all agree that no one here is perfect, let’s move on.
Why does God tell us to follow these rules in order to go to Heaven if we obviously can’t keep them? Well, don’t you think God already knows we can’t? This explains the Cross. God sent His son to die so that we can live and go to heaven if we believe in Him. The only reason why God communicates with us even when we don’t follow these laws is because of Jesus. I’m not giving the okay to break the laws no no no. I’m saying that if ever we do, we HAVE to ask for forgiveness to be forgiven forever and for good. I would love to say more about this but the shorter the blog the better. You guys have short attention spans.
Salvation is a gift and its not based on what we do or our spiritual performance. We will fail every day. That’s just a fact. We want to live in LOVE with God and we want to obey Him because we LOVE HIM! And when we fail, we want to get back up and receive this gift of forgiveness and salvation. We need to trust that the Cross is enough to pay for our sins. So, The end