I told my husband that I needed a deodorant that I didn’t need to scrub too hard to get it off my armpits when I shower. The conspiracy is this: My timeline is FULL of flippin deodorants now. Fine! Facebook ads. You got me. You tricked me. You brought me to the deodorant isle at Walmart. Which should I purchase?
The desired deodorant I saw on Facebook was $12. What a disappointment! Theres no way imma spend 12 bucks on deodorant that doesn’t make my armpits glow like the Queen that I am.
Then I saw a decent looking one. It’s called DesoderanTAY. (Nope. Can’t remember what it’s called.) So I bought it, used it, smells great, cleans off easily.
Does it work? No.
Disappointed that this post had no purpose?
Now you know how I felt about DesoderanTAY.
Lord, I pray that You bless all marriages that are hanging by a thread. I pray that You remove any person trying to creep their way into established relationships bound by You in Holy Matrimony. All ideas of divorce, I pray Lord, gets filed under G for garbage.
Lord , I pray for the couples who are struggling with the burden of this world and do not have the time for one another.
I pray that all marriages seek counseling for spiritual realignment and that all dark places are brought to the light for true repentance.
In light of my 5 year anniversary, I pray that everyone who is married rekindle that fire and turn it into a flame of love and passion. #itnojip #amen
I came across a post that depicted a relationship to be doubt free, anger free, argument free and filled with constant love that resulted in a fairytale land type bond.
Short blog, ready?
A goal is something that you have to WORK for. You have to endure pain, fight for your love, forgive and never give up.
Like I once said, stop watching those silly movies that show perfect relationships built out of nothingness. Get real.
Don’t claim to have high standards because you are seeking a man to have it all and take care of it all. That reveals selfishness at it’s finest. Nothing is free in this world but salvation in Christ. Other than that, pick up a shovel and dig a hole to plant the seed of love.
In this earth, you get what you plant.
You know the 10 commandments right? Let’s recap.
- You shall have no other gods before Me.
- You shall not make idols.
- You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet
These law given to Moses by God are perfect. They are our guidelines to live a life pleasing to God. Now, ask yourself a question. Are you keeping all of them on a daily basis?
- Is God the absolute first person in your life? Hehe think twice. Did you skip church one day to be with that boy?
- Are you worshipping any idols? What’s that in your hand? Oh its a phone? Why won’t you leave that at home for a week or so? Oh you can’t?
- Did you say OMG today? Did you say, TGIF because Friday you’re going clubbing?
- What do you do Sundays after church? I’m sure the answer isn’t “I went to another church until 12AM” or “ I prayed all day until I went beddy bye bye”
- Did you ever talk back to your parents? Yes you did, sit down.
- Did you ever kill a person? Of course you didn’t good for you. Did you ever kill a person’s dreams or character?
- Oh my favorite. Did you ever cheat on your spouse? Aww how faithful. How about that chick you were looking at on IG twerking? How about that dude posing in skin tight undies. MCM?
- Oh good, you’ve never robbed a bank? Praise the Lord Praise the Lord. Go back to welfare and give back all the money you used for food stamps. Does someone need to amend their taxes? That pen you were chewing on, where did you get it? Is that your boyfriend you flirting with on the phone or does he belong to someone else? (this can apply to may commandments but I just want to put it here
- “KG, what this ‘bearing false witness’?” Sit down, based on your Instagram, you did it 1hr ago. #gossip
- “KG, what is this covet?” If you read my very first blog you would know the answer to this but ill tell you. Stop being jealous of that girl that looks cuter than you. The effort you’re making to be like her #copying #extremediet etc. is coveting.
Now that we all agree that no one here is perfect, let’s move on.
Why does God tell us to follow these rules in order to go to Heaven if we obviously can’t keep them? Well, don’t you think God already knows we can’t? This explains the Cross. God sent His son to die so that we can live and go to heaven if we believe in Him. The only reason why God communicates with us even when we don’t follow these laws is because of Jesus. I’m not giving the okay to break the laws no no no. I’m saying that if ever we do, we HAVE to ask for forgiveness to be forgiven forever and for good. I would love to say more about this but the shorter the blog the better. You guys have short attention spans.
Salvation is a gift and its not based on what we do or our spiritual performance. We will fail every day. That’s just a fact. We want to live in LOVE with God and we want to obey Him because we LOVE HIM! And when we fail, we want to get back up and receive this gift of forgiveness and salvation. We need to trust that the Cross is enough to pay for our sins. So, The end
As humans, we only seek the verse in the bible that corresponds to our situation. If I am sick, I search for verses about those who were sick and healed. If I am broke, I search for verses that speak of prosperity and seasons of abundance. If I am sad, I seek verses on how the Lord catches my tears in bottles. When I am single, I search for verses that speak of marriage, faith, declaration and, purity.
As devoted Christians, we are making a huge mistake. I’m not saying that it’s bad to look for verses in hopes to overcome our problems, no no. I’m saying that there is more to the life of Jesus than the “specifics”.
I was one that looked for the “specifics”. It brought hope for the moment but I wasn’t well informed of the power of that verse. In order to fully comprehend the potential of that ONE verse, we have to fully comprehend the faith behind it.
The reason for the cross is much higher than the hope for healing. The death on the cross is above and beyond the lack of food in the fridge. The death on the cross tramples on the hope of finally getting a wife and a family. The death on the cross is the reason why we won’t suffer in hell fire for eternity. The death of Jesus is the reason why we have access to the presence of the Holy One to even ASK for a boo. Jesus is the reason why we have communication with the Most High God so we need to be knowin’ lol.
The root of the bible is the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ our Lord. If we don’t take interest of this, the “specifics” will go through one ear and come out the other in the moment of distress. You want your garden to flourish? Deepen your root. You want a husband? Well, dig your nose in the word without picking out your interests and see the mighty power of God manifest in that category. Not only will you get your husband, but you’ll keep him. How bout that?
@authkg all day err day. Shout out to my friend JA. You duh bomb.